Friday, June 7, 2013

Keeping Your Kitchen Clean

There is nothing that takes he joy of cooking away more than a dirty kitchen. I have to start with a clean pallet so to speak. Check out this post by Real Simple for a breakdown of things you should do and when to keep your kitchen clean. They also include the Shiny Sink 101- a "how to" for cleaning your kitchen sink.
 
 One thing I do that really helps is: I don't let go of an item until it is put away. So that means if I take my plate to the sink to rinse it off I don't just leave it there to pile up with other dishes. I put it in the dishwasher immediately.* If I take out the olive oil, I use it and put it right back. As I am cooking I leave the dishwasher open, rinse out a pan or bowl as I use it and put it away. This little step will keep the mess down and your kitchen clean. Say no to making "piles" of mail, dishes, spices etc.
 
 *I actually timed myself emptying the dishwasher the other day. Maybe it is my CrossFit mind taking over and doing everything "for time", but the reality was it ONLY took 3 minutes!!! So don't let your clean dishes sit there- empty it. . . quickly. . . 3. . 2. . 1. . GO!
 
Check out this shop for a cute clean/dirty magnet. We purchased one awhile ago and love it.
 
 
Cheers to a clean kitchen! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment