Friday, April 12, 2013

Cauliflower Rice Tip

Before I came across this tip, I found that my cauliflower rice would end up a bit mushy at times. I just chalked it up to the fact that I was trying to make a vegetable into a "rice". Then I found this prepping tip and discovered that my "rice" doesn't have to be that way! Sweetness!
The next time you are prepping your cauliflower by chopping it up in your food processor, take an extra min to put the chopped "rice" in a microwave safe bowl and nuke it for three minutes. This will help to remove some of the moisture and make it more rice-like. Viola! Simple and helpful. Enjoy!
 
*Click on this picture for a great recipe for simple fried rice from Nom Nom Paleo. She doesn't nuke it first, but try it out for yourself and see what works for you. I still find that I need that extra step.

No comments:

Post a Comment