Monday, April 15, 2013

Fresh Carrot Muffins

I love a good carrot cake. On a special occasion, I will sit down and enjoy the little slice of heaven. Since I can't have them everyday, these little muffins are a great Paleo substitute. I love them because they have very little added sugar. They are simple to make and super moist. You could add some other dried fruit, like pineapple, or cranberries, but the recipe I posted just includes the raisins.
 
 
Fresh Carrot Muffins
1 c almond butter
1/2 can full fat coconut milk
2 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
zest of 1 orange
1/2 c raisins
3 carrots, shredded
1 tblsp vanilla
2 tblsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
pinch of sea salt
 
 
Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees.
 
In a bowl mix all the ingredients together. Scoop into a greased muffin tin and bake for 20-22 min. Let cool in pan before removing. Enjoy! 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment