Monday, July 23, 2012

Fresh Dumpling Squash

I found these little treasures on Amazon Fresh and decided to give them a try. When I ordered them the description said "large" squash, so I just bought one. Oops they are little- about the size of an apple, so I  had to wait for my next order to buy another one. I found this recipe online and followed it pretty close to the original. The butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and syrup definitely make these a treat, but a DELICIOUS one too.  Here is my version:

Fresh Dumpling Squash
Dumpling Squash
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
1/2 T butter
1 T Pure Maple Syrup
(The original recipes had measurements for the spices, but I just sprinkled it. The original recipe also had brown sugar, which I left out. It is already so sweet, this wasn't needed)




Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Cut squash in 1/2 and scrape out seeds.




Turn squash over and pierce skin with a fork a few times. 


Turn it back over and fill each squash with ingredients above. Sprinkle cinnamon generously and use a pinch of nutmeg per squash. 



Place squash in a dish with about 1 inch of water in the bottom of the dish. 


Bake uncovered in oven for about 50 min. I cooked 4 squash and they took about an hour. The squash will be tender when it is finished cooking. 



Remove and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment