Monday, December 17, 2012

Fresh Bacon Sauteed Mushrooms

I have recently been on a mushroom kick. I used to hate them, but the recent resident growing in my belly has changed my appetite a bit, and one day I was craving mushrooms. So, I bought a pack a the market and wouldn't you know it- they are actually delicious! I added a bit of bacon to this recipe and made it a home run. It isn't fancy, but this is the way I cook- simple ingredients that are full of flavor and easy to throw together.

Fresh Bacon Sauteed Mushrooms
1 Pack of Mushrooms (washed thoroughly)
A few strips of bacon
Fat of Choice (I used coconut oil)
Fresh Minced Garlic
 
Cut bacon into small bits. Saute them in pan on med/high heat with oil and garlic. When the bacon is almost cooked, add mushrooms. Stir frequently until the mushrooms have darkened up in color and bacon is completely cooked. (Aprox 5 min)  I also did this with some baby zucchini and it was delicious too. A little bit of bacon can go along way! Enjoy!



 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment