Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Nutrition in 60 Seconds

Have you come across the million dollar questions, "What diet are you on???". Every time I am asked this, I have a little *sigh* inside because I know the looming conversation with continue one of two ways.
1- I will encourage someone to check out a new way of eating (this is always exciting, but not the norm)
2- I will have a list of odd questions fired at me like, "Isn't quinoa is a healthy grain, where do you get your fiber, what about your cholesterol, how do you eat enough calcium?" That is usually the time I suggest they read It Starts With Food if they want more information, and try to back out of the conversation slowly.
Today, you can put a summative response in your back pocket for the next time you encounter a question asker, or a negative Nancy. Check out this post by whole9. It is nutrition in 60 seconds and is brilliant. I love their positive approach to healthy eating. When you explain your lifestyle to someone this way, it takes all the defensiveness out and it simply becomes about the information. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment