Monday, August 13, 2012

Honey Mustard Salad Dressing

A few of us from the gym recently went in on a pig together and now my freezer has lots of delicious organic bacon in it. I made this salad dressing that I found from Health-Bent. I changed up my ingredients because of what was in my fridge (story of my cooking life - ha), and I wanted more protein. Basically, I just used the dressing recipe, but the full thing looks delicious. This dressing is ah-ma-zing. Because it is mainly bacon fat, you will want to eat it warm. Once it cools down the liquid will solidify a bit, making it a little less appealing. I cooked the bacon in my skillet first, drained the majority of the fat for the dressing, and cooked my ground beef in the same pan. It gave my beef a more "bacony" taste which was perfect in this salad. 

*Remember any toxin an animal eats is cleaned out of their bodies and stored in their fat. So if you are eating a non-organic, non-grassfed animal you want to limit the amount fat you eat. Because bacon has so much fat, I would recommend you find the best quality meat you can before making this recipe.  

Check out the recipe here, and enjoy!
Ground beef, bacon, avocado, walnuts and blueberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment