Friday, September 14, 2012

The "Sigh"

I don't remember where I heard this tip, but I notice it is still in my head everytime I eat. There are times that I am distracted while eating. This could be for a variety of reasons: being preoccupied, chatting with my friends, in a hurry, working through lunch, you name it. I try to slow down my eating times and actually enjoy my food. Yet occasionally I find that I have not been paying attention to my eating.  I am scarfing my food so quickly I hadn't noticed I was full! This little tip I heard so many years ago has helped me know when to stop eating, so that I don't over do it. The next time you are eating a meal, there will be a time that you take a "sigh". Notice when that is. This natural sigh is your body telling you it is satisfied and being full is right around the corner. I usually take a few bites more and then stop eating. It may sound crazy, and it did to me too, but it really works. So try it out over the weekend and see if your body is trying to communicate with you too. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment