Friday, April 20, 2012

Fresh Avocado and Grapefruit Salad

Over spring break I had the TV on in the background as I was folding the laundry and putzing around the house. My attention was drawn in as I saw Ina Garten making this delicious looking salad. I googled the recipe, bought my ingredients and went to work. In no time at all my family was enjoying the tartness of the lemon, sweetness of the grapefruit and creaminess of the avocado. We paired it with some oven baked chicken for dinner and the flavors complimented each other well. The nice thing about this recipe is that the avocados are covered in the sauce so they don't turn brown. I also thought this would be amazing on a lettuce salad with some sliced chicken and a hand full of slivered almonds. Since I didn't make any modifications click here for the recipe. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment