Friday, April 27, 2012

Fresh Eggplant Lasagna

   I'll admit there are still some recipes I find that are "Paleo" but when I read the ingredients I think- "Gross!". This was one of those recipes. I really don't know why I thought it sounded so bad, but it did. Maybe it was me holding onto my old idea that lasagna is only good with lots of cheesyness and layers of those wavy noodles. Well, last weekend I was at Costco and I saw a bag of beautiful eggplants and I decided that I would finally try making Eggplant Lasagna. OH DUDE- why did I wait a year and a half to make it? Delish! If you have never tried making it- now is the time. Some recipes that I found called for some organic whole milk ricotta cheese, but I wanted to try this method first. If you have some you could always add it, and you won't be in trouble.


Fresh Eggplant Lasagna

1 lb ground beef
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 can organic marinara sauce
2-3 large eggplants

* Pre heat oven to 425 degrees

* Thinly slice eggplants long ways. These will become your "noodles"
* Brown ground beef adding salt and pepper to taste.

* Place eggplants on cooking sheet.  Bake in the oven for 4 min each side.

* In a large 9 x 12 baking dish layer eggplant, meat, and marinara. For each layer switch the direction of the eggplant. This will help the dish hold together.

* Bake in the oven for 12-15 min.

* Remove from the oven. Let it sit for 5 min before cutting and serving. Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. Big hit in my house tonight! Thanks for all the recipes. They are helping make the clean eating transition easier for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used your tip on baking the eggplant first and it worked great! I used turkey and jarred, all natural sauce instead. Like you said, amazing!! Thanks for sharing! Bookmarking your site for more ideas!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Thanks for the ideas Angela. :)

    ReplyDelete