Apple cinnamon anything and a warm cup of coffee- does it get any better? I don't think so. I finally ordered bulk almond flour and quickly made these tasty little treats. I like to bake them in the mini muffins so the recipe stretches further and I can enjoy them longer. I gleaned this recipe from Elana's Gluten-Free Cookbook, and changed up the ingredients so it was more Paleo friendly. This is a great cook book- just stay clear of the grapeseed oil and the dairy she includes in her recipes.
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
2 C blanched almond flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup arrowroot powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup walnut or coconut oil
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup raisins or cranberries (optional)
1 T vanilla extract
2 medium apples, peeled, cored and diced into 1/4 inch cubes
Pre-Heat Oven to 350 Degrees
Line 10 muffin cups with paper liners.
I used my silpat mini muffin pan, so the liners or non-stick spray was not needed.
* In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together: almond flour, salt, baking soda, arrowroot powder, and cinnamon.
* In another bowl mix the wet ingredients together: oil, honey, egg and vanilla.
* Add the wet and dry ingredients together and stir until thoroughly combined, then fold in apples.
* Spoon batter into your muffin cups. Bake 30-35 min. for regular muffins 20-25 min. for mini muffins or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
* Let the muffins cool in the pan before serving. (Approximately 30 min- if you can wait that long. :) )