Friday, March 30, 2012

Fresh Coconut Curry Chicken

I originally saw this recipe used for a sir fry, but my lack of time to prepare for dinner, and my constant simplification of recipes brought me to this simple, easy and flavorful recipe. It is one of those go to recipes that find its way to the back of the recipe shelf. Every time I make it I think, "Man this is so good! I should make it more!" The truth is, I feel that way about most things I make. There are so many amazing Paleo recipes out there! So here is one more recipe to add to your repertoire.

Fresh Coconut Curry Chicken
1 Lb. Chicken Breast
1 Can Coconut Milk (canned milk, not from a carton)
Curry Powder
Fresh Minced Garlic
Sea Salt


*Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

*Place chicken in large glass baking dish (or whatever fits your chicken- you can cook one breast at a time if you are cooking for one)

*Generously sprinkle curry powder and salt over both sides of chicken.

*Pour coconut milk around chicken and add garlic to the surrounding milk and on top of chicken.

*Bake for one hour or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.

*Remove, and plate chicken. Drizzle juice over chicken and enjoy!

(If you have time you can toast some unsweetened coconut to add to the chicken before you serve it. Toast the coconut on your stove top over med heat till it starts to turn light tan)

1 comment:

  1. Just made this - wow- so easy and so good! I highly recommend this! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete