Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fresh Fish Tacos

This is one of my favorite recipes. These tacos are fresh, light and full of flavor. I feel like I should be pool side in the sunshine while eating these. With our last little stint of spring weather I decided it would be appropriate to bake these up, even if it isn't summer quite yet. . .

Fresh Fish Taco's
Cod (or other fish of your choosing)
Organic Salsa
Butter Lettuce
Seasoning Salt
Lemon/Lime
Fresh Cilantro
Guacamole

I usually choose cod for these tacos because it is such a light and fresh tasting fish. I always select fish that is not farm raised, is fresh and caught as locally as possibly. So, the farm raised Chinese fish will stay at the store thank you very much.


Pre-Heat Oven to 400 Degrees

Spray baking dish with non-stick spray. In dish, place fish skin side down. Squeeze lemon, or lime juice over fish and season with your choice of seasoning salt. I used lemon pepper. Top with your choice of organic salsa. I chose a mango-pineapple flavor. So delicious.

Bake for 10-15 min or until the center of the fish is flaky and opaque in color. Remove from oven. Using forks pull fish apart in small sections. The salsa will mix in as you pull apart the fish. Place in a large bowl, and you are ready for fish tacos! (This is a great make ahead recipe- I like to bake the fish the night before and refrigerate.)

For the "taco" use butter lettuce. Top fish with more salsa, guacamole, fresh cilantro and any other ingredient you choose. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment