Friday, February 10, 2012

Fresh Red Wine Pot Roast

After finding a grass fed roast on AmazonFresh I searched for an easy crock pot recipe. I found this and simplified it for my family's likes. I know I maybe weird, but I really don't like mushy veggies and in the crock pot they always seem to get that way. So I chose to cook the veggies separately and just crock pot the meat.

Fresh Red Wine Pot Roast
2-3 lb roast
2-3 T or Sprigs of Rosemary
2-3 T or Sprigs of Thyme
1 cup red wine
1 cup organic beef broth
2 tsp salt

Season beef with your choice of seasoning salt. In large skillet sear all sides of the beef. Place into crock pot, pour other ingredients on top of the beef. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.

 
Remove roast from crock pot, cut and serve. Once I cut the roast up I drizzled the juice from the crock pot over the meat to add more flavor to the dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment